1. Do what really interests you!
(This seems like a simple idea, but many times we do work for many other reasons)
2. Decide for yourself what kind of work best fits you.
(There is no shortage of people who will tell you what to do, but this decision should come from you since you will be the one doing the work)
3. Make your work align with the rest of your life, and you won’t notice the difference anymore between vocation and vacation.
(First decide what your vision of your perfect day will be and how that will integrate with the rest of your life)
4. Decide what culture best fits you!
(Most people do the reverse and wonder why they don’t fit well)
5. Select work which you have a passion to be an expert at.
(Better to be an expert in one area vs. just average in many)
6. Listen to your positive inner voice.
(The inner you will always guide you towards the right work for you if you listen carefully)
7. Become more self-aware – make sure that your work aligns with your values and personal goals.
(Many people spend their lives at work which has nothing to do with what is most important to them)
8. Pursue the work which best aligns your abilities (which you are motivated to do) with your deep interests.
(This is much better then pursuing just the money or the job or the career which has a limited time horizon)
9. Be prepared to make big change when doing right work.
(Many times a change in location, lifestyle, and or relationship might be needed to allow for new change in one’s work)
10. Have relationships which nurture you and your work.
(Spending time with people who do not respect your work will drain you)
Follow these steps and you will be happy forever in your work! This seems like a life pursuing, don’t you think!
I’ll be cheering you on as you go!